guinea pigs sounds and body language
- Grunts, gurgles, squeaks This means contentment, comfort, contact with other guinea pigs through the sound they make.
- Squeals, shrieks This sound can be a warning, young's cry of loneliness, pain or fear
- Squeals, wheeting This means that they want food or are seeking your attention.
- Cooing This sound is usually used for reassurance, usually uttered to young
- Rumbles This sound can be a warning, dislike of an action or sound
- Hisses, teeth clacking This mean that your guinea pig is going to be aggressive or he's threatening opponent or it's a warning
- Rattling, rumbling This is the arousal sounds for both male and female or lower rank female greeting a higher rank female
- Stretches head forward This means watchfulness
- "Popcorns" High spirits
- Stretches Comfort, relaxation
- Shows teeth with mouth open This is used by females to deter advances from a male, and by both sexes as a threatening posture
- Rising up with legs stiffened Threatening
- Touching noses Sniffing contact